- Thanks for attending the formal Inaugural session of Millat Thinkers’ Forum (MTF).
- Think tanks vary by ideological perspectives, sources of funding, topical emphasis and prospective consumers. In developed countries not only the Governments but corporate sector funds the think tanks too. Their importance is realized to such an extent that many countries allow tax-exemptions to these institutions.
- Pakistan, however has lagged behind in this area. Unfortunately the culture of research has not been properly developed in Pakistan. The value of research and development is highly under-rated if realized at all in the circles making key decisions.
- As if that was not enough, the few think-tanks that do exist, are mostly handicapped by their patronage’s interests, mostly foreign. Keeping these issues as well as the importance of independent think-tanks to the development of a country in view, Millat Thinkers’ Forum (MTF) was constituted.
- MTF is the first totally ingenious, independent and international standard think-tank of Pakistan.
- Millat Thinkers’ Forum has been working informally for some time and has even assisted some policy makers during this time and is to be formally inaugurated now.
- The mission statement of Millat Thinkers’ forum is Diagnose (the issues), Deliberate (on the different aspects and complexities) and Decode (to understand and recommend/develop a solution).
- Membership is restricted and focuses on high quality induction to ensure accomplishment of the objective of meeting international standards.
- Founding team includes Mr. Zaheer Ahmad Meer (Chairman Professionals’ Social Network & Senior Advocate), Mr. Omer Meer (Chairman Liaison Committee LTBA, Qualified FCA & Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist), Mian Khalid Habib Elahi (Advocate Supreme Court & ex- Deputy Attorney General Pun), and Mr. Wajih Ur Rehman (Agriculturalist and Social Worker).
- The members include top professionals, successful businessmen, scholars, media personalities, parliamentarians, social workers, academics, e.t.c.
- Some of the eminent members to grace our events include:
- Mr. Asad Umar (Renowned Economist, Businessman & MNA),
- Gen (R) Ziauddin Butt (ex DG ISI & COAS),
- Mr. Absar Abdul Ali (Director, Hameed Nizami Press Institute),
- Sardar Asif Ahmad Ali (ex Foreign Minister, Pakistan),
- Justice (R) Sharif Hussain Bukhari,
- Mr Hamid Khan (ex Chairman & Vice Chairman of Pak BC, ex V.Chairman of Pun BC, ex President SCBAP. ex President LHCBA),
- Mr. Arif Masud Mirza (President ACCA (UK) – Pakistan),
- Mr. Arif Nizami (Renowned Anchor, Columnist & Editor Pakistan Today),
- Mr. Khurram Khosa (Advocate SCP & President PPP Lawyers’ Forum),
- Dr. Farzana Nazir (Doctor & MPA),
- Dr. Nousheen Hamid Miraj (Doctor & MPA),
- Mr. Mansoor Ur Rehman Afridi (Advocate SC & ex holder of several senior bar positions),
- Mrs. Mehnaz Rafih (Renowned Social worker, Intellectual & Political activist),
- Mrs. Ayesha Qazi (President Lahore Tax Bar Association),
- Mr. Hamid Zaman (Leading Industrialist),
- Sardar Arif Rasheed (ex Minister Irrigation, Agriculture, Forest & Fisheries),
- Mr. Walid Iqbal (Grandson of Allama Iqbal),
- Mr. Shahab Jafri (A. Editor Pakistan Today), e.t.c.
- MTF’s model involves quality research by a highly competent research team followed by monthly events where the best brains of the country would be brought together to provide their inputs. The finalized reports would than form the basis of MTF’s recommendations.
- Information related to Millat Thinkers’ Forum including event information, pictures, videos, research and even finalized reports will be shared on Millat Facebook (www.MyMFB.com), the largest social network ever by Muslims.