Mr. Omer Zaheer Meer’s
Election Statement for ACCA’s MNP
My name is Omer Zaheer Meer. I’m currently serving as a Partner at Millennium Law & Corporate Company (pioneer ACCA practicing firm in Pak) and a Director at Professionals’ Social Network. I’m also an experienced trainer with a number of esteemed organizations in corporate, public and academic sectors including ACCA, LTBA, MPDD, LCCI, UET, BU, e.t.c. Besides, I’m a regular contributor to various daily publications and research journals.
I’m a highly IT literate and experienced professional with top notch skills in accounting, finance, management and economics, holding CFA Charter, FCCA (senior fellow ACCA), the Anti-Money Laundering Specialization, BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting and several professional certifications from UK along-with 15 years’ plus fund of experience gained in top management positions in leading British and Pakistani companies. Please read my detailed introduction: https://omerzaheermeer.wordpress.com/about/
Existing Contributions towards ACCA community:
I already contributed to the development of ACCA community, duly recognized and resulting in being nominated as an MNP member for the last few months during which the endeavors undertaken resulted in an unprecedented rise in members’ satisfaction. Please have a look at the major achievements: https://omerzaheermeer.wordpress.com/2016/04/17/omer-zaheer-meer-fcca-cfa-aml-expert-profile-for-mnp-elections-2016/
If successful, I’ll continue to work with utmost honesty, dedication and unrelenting passion to contribute to the ACCA community in the following ways InshaAllah:
- Providing relevant CPD events to equip members with vital skills allowing them to progress in their careers
- Work towards reduction of ACCA subscription fee for members
- Generate more career opportunities for members by working closely with and facilitating employers in hiring ACCA members
- Mentoring members for their professional and career development
- Promote closer networking opportunities amongst members
- Collaborations with regulators and other professional bodies to enhance recognition of ACCA
- Work towards introduction of local taxation variant (P6) in ACCA curriculum and/or a tax certification.
- Promote ACCA brand in Pakistan thereby creating more value for members
Thanks for your precious time and in anticipation of your kind vote and support.